When applying for a building permit, an energy analysis of the building has to be appended to the application. The energy analysis has to be dated and the principal designer has to certify it before the building is taken into use.
The energy analysis usually includes the following considerations:
- Heat losses of the buildings; the heat loss from the building’s envelope, leakage air and ventilation is limited to achieve good energy efficiency.
- Specific electric power of a ventilation system according to the National Building Code of Finland D2.
- Heating efficiency of the building; heating of service water, heating of rooms.
- An estimate of the room temperature and air conditioning during the summer.
- Energy consumption; energy consumption of the building and consumption of purchased energy need to be calculated.
- Energy certificate of the building.